Managing Communications and ACT (Aviation Institute of Maintenance, Centura College, Tidewater Tech) are hosting this exciting event to increase awareness of Virginia Department of Education’s CTE (Career and Technology Education) initiatives and how we can increase high-quality, work-based opportunities for our Southside Hampton Roads high school students.
Our Hampton Roads workforce needs are many, both now and too strategically build a pipeline for our future. Our economy depends on young workers in many industries, especially maritime/transportation, healthcare, hospitality, new energies, and manufacturing/distribution. We also want our students to gain the education they need for sustainable careers in the fields which interests them. If we do, we will keep them in our region!
How to get Involved?
This first Workforce CTE Forum focused on Southside Hampton Roads high schools and both large and small businesses is by invitation only. One hundred business representatives, area colleges and universities, workforce development entities, and CTE administrators from Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, and Suffolk are being invited to the event:
Thursday, May 4, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
4455 South Blvd, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452
- Continental Breakfast and Networking
- Welcome: Susan Long-Molnar, Owner, MCC and Joel English, President, ACT
- Where Workforce Development and Education Meet: Mayor Kenny Alexander, Chancellor, ACT
- CTE in Virginia: Sharon Acuff, Virginia Department of Education
- HQWBL (Implementing High-Quality Work-Based Learning) Dr. Nikki Finley, Regional Work-Based Opportunities Learning Specialist
- Panel of HR Success Stories
- Breakout Industry Cluster Conversations
- Wrap up: Next Steps and Resources
Additional Information for Attendees:
We will update this page with news about our panelists, parking details, and next steps after the Forum. If you would like more information or have given your rsvp for who is attending from your organization, please do so soon: 757-513-8633 or email@example.com.
Download our Forum Flyer and the Virginia High-Quality, Work-based Opportunities Flyer to learn more!
Want to meet your city’s CTE Administration?
Reach out to Dr. Nikki Finley, Work-Based Learning Specialist, Region 2, Office of Career, Technical and Adult Education,
VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION: 804.225-2051 | firstname.lastname@example.org